Web Application Security Professional
Our client is looking for a qualified security test analyst with recent and relevant working experience as a software security tester. You’ll be responsible for the execution of security tests on a wide variety of internal and external-facing web-based applications. You also will assist with the continuous improvement of the processes critical to the success of the team. In this role, you will be helping DevOps and developers teams.
- Perform penetration tests on computer systems, networks, and applications
- Create new testing methods to identify vulnerabilities
- Perform physical security assessments of systems, servers, and other network devices to identify areas that require physical protection
- Pinpoint methods and entry points that attackers may use to exploit vulnerabilities or weaknesses
- Search for weaknesses in common software, web applications, and proprietary systems
- Research, evaluate, document, and discuss findings with IT teams and management
- Review and provide feedback for information security fixes
- Establish improvements for existing security services, including hardware, software, policies, and procedures
- Identify areas where improvement is needed in security education and awareness for users
- Be sensitive to corporate considerations when performing testing (i.e. minimize downtime and loss of employee productivity)
- Stay updated on the latest malware and security threats
Skills and Competencies:
- Deep understanding of the OWASP guidelines
- Hands-on experience with penetration testing tools
- Able to create and follow up tickets related to security issues
- Able to document and propose solutions and guidelines to developers and infrastructure engineers on best practices
- Robust creativity and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think analytically
- Knowledge of technical systems and terminology
- Proficiency in scripting languages
- Ability to identify and exploit vulnerabilities
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Others), Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Science & Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Security Vulnerable, Exploitation, and Penetration testing experience.
- Experience with OWASP testing Guide / Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual
- Experience deploying enterprise security testing solutions.
- Familiarity with Secure Development Lifecycle practices and Agile development with Continuous Delivery / Integration.
- Advanced understanding of security concepts and security best practices
- Understanding and familiarity with common code review methods and standards
- Experience with performing penetration testing and risk assessments against computer networks
- Background with Qualys, Tenable, and OpenVAS Vulnerability Scanners
At Eastvantage, our mission is to create meaningful jobs for as many Filipinos as we can. Through our portfolio of premium and select clients, we provide careers that are knowledge-based, inspiring, and always with the potential for development and growth.
We are an independently-owned outsourcing company with European roots, servicing global companies that have offices in every populated continent in the world. We have been in the industry for a decade, growing from a handful to over 1,000 happy employees over the years.
We invite you to navigate our site to get to know who we are, to see what sets us apart in culture and thinking. Because of this, we carefully select who we work with, both customers and co-workers, which is why people happily stick with us for a wonderful amount of time. We hope to convince you to apply with us and be part of our success story.