Performance Tester l Full-time l Permanent WFH
A performance test engineer’s primary responsibility is creating and maintaining performance test plans, utilizing JMeter load testing software to inject load, analyzing metrics from application and system logs, and simulating system behavior to improve the performance and reliability of applications. The candidate will join a very collaborative and dynamic team of technical experts. The technical readiness team is passionate about ensuring the most effective and efficient IT solutions are implemented to meet future business needs across core clients’ Services.
- A proven ability to evaluate performance test script/code and test results while providing a clear interpretation of risks and mitigation options to Stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of monitoring tools that allow for the analysis of system health and potential bottlenecks
- Experience in identifying and providing tuning recommendations for various infrastructure components such as application servers, database servers, message buses, and web servers
- Keep leadership apprised of the progress and risks in performance testing practice with timely updates, metrics, reports as required.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, capable of working both independently as well as part of a team;
- Escalate issues, communicate the status of deliverables.
- A complete understanding of the software development life cycle and various performance engineering concepts like caching and scalability
- Strong knowledge and experience with profiling application end-to-end performance and identifying application and hardware/operating system bottlenecks
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- BS in Computer Science or professional work experience of 5+ years in Performance Testing Engineering.
- Quantitative tracking of project quality and completeness.
- Ensure complete system and interface testing coverage before system delivery and implementation;
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional project managers, and offshore & nearshore resource teams.
- Ability to conduct POCs, and research into load testing technologies, standards, and products.
- Load and performance testing developing, execution and reporting.
- Develop performance test strategy/planning, test case development, and coding.
- Maintains expertise in tuning and debugging software used in high-performance computing program development.
- SQL programming experience is a must.
- Knowledge of data privacy practices: laws, especially HIPPA, PHI, and PCI Compliance.
- Ability to interpret, diagnose, and recommend technical performance issues and translate them into possible solutions.
- Experience with JMeter & Blaze meter is desired.
- Skilled in performing load/performance assessments and providing recommendations to correct performance/load bottlenecks.
- Ability to analyze APM data from test results using tools such as Dynatrace, Zabbix, AWS CloudWatch, etc.
- Service virtualization and Network Condition testing experience (beneficial)
- Participated in and/or completed a Testing certification program (Six Sigma, CSTE, ISTQB, ISEB, or CSTP) (beneficial)
At Eastvantage, our mission is to create meaningful jobs. Through our portfolio of premium and select clients, we provide careers that are knowledge-based, inspiring, and always with the potential for development and growth.
We are an independently-owned outsourcing company with European roots, servicing global companies that have offices in every populated continent in the world. We have been in the industry for a decade, growing from a handful to over 1,000 happy employees over the years.
We invite you to navigate our site to get to know who we are, to see what sets us apart in culture and thinking. Because of this, we carefully select who we work with, both customers and co-workers, which is why people happily stick with us for a wonderful amount of time. We hope to convince you to apply with us and be part of our success story.