DevOps Engineer | Permanent WFH
- Manage a hybrid cloud environment for over 500 development and production systems, along with native cloud based services
- Drive self service initatives through the automation of provisioning and management tasks leveraging native AWS tools and other cloud automation tools
- Manage the provisioning, deployment and ongoing health of systems deployed both in private and public clouds (AWS/Azure)
- Conduct server/VM capacity planning for existing and new environment build- ups (automation)
- Responsible for monitoring the systems scheduled tasks, database backups, etc, along with automating responses
- Lead the effort to enhance and automate monitoring solutions for scheduled tasks, key application processes, and servers.
- Work with development staff to further automate the deployment of applications, ie. servers, web sites, and databases
- Work with the production support staff to analyze, diagnose and fix complex hardware, software, and network issues.
- Work closely with the development staff to help improve the system based on operational needs.
- Provides first-level troubleshooting on applications e.g. IIS, Database components, and other core apps in the system stack
- Works closely with IT Architecture and IT Security to ensure alignment with current security and systems architecture guidelines
- Use Infrastructure as Code and Desired State Configuration to quickly provision resources
- Enhance existing processes and actively look for areas of improvement
- Script, test, document, and support automated deployments
- Support development teams as needed
- Expertise with AWS cloud native services (Cognito, Redis, Lambda, StepFunctions, RDS DBs, Aurora DBs, etc)
- Expertise with the administration of components supporting Microsoft .NET based applications, such as Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, Windows Server, IIS, and SQL Server
- Experience with setup and configuration of SQL Server Database Engine, Aurora, PostrgreSQL and reporting components, such as SSRS/PowerBI
- Expertise with cloud platforms (AWS/Azure)
- Experience with TFS Build, MS Build and MS/Web Deploy, AWS Code Deploy, AWS CDK
- Experience with application performance and ops management systems, such as Elastic, Splunk, Dynatrace, New Relic
- Experience with various scripting languages Web Development and Hosting
- Problem Solving, Analysis, and Debugging (Critical Thinking)
- Knowledge of Software Architecture and Design Patterns
- Knowledge of Agile Practices and Application Lifecycle Management
- Understanding of basic networking principles
- Technical Writing and Diagramming
- Ability to communicate succinctly and effectively within a multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent organizational skills and a self-driven work ethic
At Eastvantage, our mission is to create meaningful jobs. Through our portfolio of premium and select clients, we provide careers that are knowledge-based, inspiring, and always with the potential for development and growth.
We are an independently-owned outsourcing company with European roots, servicing global companies that have offices in every populated continent in the world. We have been in the industry for a decade, growing from a handful to over 1,000 happy employees over the years.
We invite you to navigate our site to get to know who we are, to see what sets us apart in culture and thinking. Because of this, we carefully select who we work with, both customers and co-workers, which is why people happily stick with us for a wonderful amount of time. We hope to convince you to apply with us and be part of our success story.