Founded in 2002, our client is an Australian-owned information technology and communications service provider that offers systems integration, technology sourcing, business systems architecture, telecommunications, and information communications technology (ICT) consulting services. Our client builds and manages communication, application and infrastructure solutions for medium-sized businesses, large multinationals and government organisations. More than 2,000 clients rely on our client as a strategic partner, including many of Australia’s largest banking, education, government, health, insurance, construction, utilities, manufacturing and retail organisations.
The Network Engineer is responsible for providing services to the clients' customers in relation to implementing, managing, operating and supporting their technologically diverse IT environments. This includes;
- Responding to Support Tickets and Service Requests in relation to internal and external customer networks, in a timely manner
- Responding to Fault escalations from internal stakeholders
- Assisting with design, implementation, and deployment of customer projects
- Coordinating technical activities with key internal and client stakeholders
- Developing technical change requests, migration and test plans
- Supporting Project Managers in managing project scope and risks effectively
- Reviewing as-built and handover documentation to ensure a seamless transition to BAU
- From time to time, perform On Call or Planned Work outside of core business hours
- Assisting in maintaining vendor certification levels such as Cisco Gold, by acquiring new certifications
- Managing assigned ticket queues, and ensure a high level of ticket hygiene (accuracy and timeliness of ticket updates and statuses)
- Providing ongoing support and guidance associated with implemented customer solutions
- Escalating and liaising with vendors, service providers and internal stakeholders to see faults through to resolution.
- 5+ years minimum experience in IT, concentrating on network engineering
- Hold current CCNP or higher-level certification(s) in Routing & Switching, Voice, Data Centre or Security.
- Strong Cisco skills. Ideally skills in Juniper, HP, Aruba, Fortinet or Palo Alto
- Product skills with Cisco ASA, ISR, Catalyst, Nexus and WLC
- Demonstrable time management skills, strong communication skills and ability to self-manage.
- Strong skills and operational experience in these key technologies:
- Telco/ISP WAN services such as Ethernet, Fibre, DSL, VDSL and Copper.
- LAN and WiFi
- Firewall Security
- Data Centre and Site racking, stacking & cabling
- Protocols such as iBGP, eBGP, OSPF, EIGRP, DMVPN, IPSEC & Spanning Tree
- Familiarity with Project and Change Management methodologies
- Ability to learn new product updates and technologies
- Ability to communicate appropriately with client technical and executive staff
- Ability to provide accurate estimation in budget orschedule
At Eastvantage, our mission is to create meaningful jobs for as many Filipinos as we can. Through our portfolio of premium and select clients, we provide careers that are knowledge-based, inspiring, and always with potential for development and growth.
We are an independently-owned outsourcing company with European roots, servicing global companies that have offices in every populated continent in the world. We have been in the industry for a decade, growing from a handful to over 500 happy employees over the years.
We invite you to navigate our site to get to know who we are, to see what sets us apart in culture and thinking. Because of this, we carefully select who we work with, both customers and co-workers, which is why people happily stick with us for a wonderful amount of time. We hope to convince you to apply with us, and be part of our success story.